Our team makes a variety of resources available for those confused and struggling to find the best options for a family member or friend with urgent or long term medical needs. Resources include:
- Private consultations to discuss individual concerns
- Support groups in locations from Madison to Hamden staffed by one of our experts
- A “buddy match” of experienced former family caregivers with those who need support, advice and socialization
- The Family Caregiver School, which teaches caregivers things like how to give injections, incontinence care and wound care, as well as practical tips for people with chronic illness
- Our toll free Helpline available Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at 866.474.5230; off hours cal our main number 203.458.4200 or 203.288.1623
Caregiver Resource Centers
We have centers located in Guilford, Hamden, West Haven and Old Saybrook where brochures, books, webistes and information on local and state resources are available to those in need.
Our Support Groups
Groups meet monthly in the following locations:
- Guilford: A Parkinson’s Caregiver Support Group meets the second Thursday of the month. Click here to learn more.
- Hamden: A Caregiver Support Group meets the last Tuesday of the month from 10 to 11:30 a.m. at the Miller Senior Center, located at 2901 Dixwell Ave. This group is supported by the town of Hamden.
- Madison: A Caregiver Support Group meets the third Tuesday of the month from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Madison Senior Center, located at 29 Bradley Road. This group is supported by the Town of Madison.