As a result of the COVID-19 outbreak, all in-person consultations and support groups are suspended and our resource centers are temporarily closed. Our Caregiver Support Network remains active and phone consultations are available. Read below to learn more. For information about supporting elderly loved ones who are now homebound social distancing, click here.
Our team makes a variety of resources available for those confused and struggling to find the best options for a family member or friend with urgent or long term medical needs. Resources include:
- Private consultations to discuss individual concerns
- Support groups in locations from Madison to Hamden staffed by one of our experts
- A “buddy match” of experienced former family caregivers with those who need support, advice and socialization
- Our toll free Helpline available Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at 866.474.5230; off hours cal our main number 203.458.4200 or 203.288.1623
Caregiver Resource Centers
We have centers located in Guilford, Hamden and Old Saybrook where brochures, books, websites and information on local and state resources are available to those in need.
Our Support Groups
Groups meet monthly in the following locations:
- Guilford: A Parkinson’s Caregiver Support Group meets the second Thursday of the month. Click here to learn more.
- Hamden: A Caregiver Support Group meets the last Tuesday of the month from 10 to 11:30 a.m. at the Miller Senior Center, located at 2901 Dixwell Ave. This group is supported by the town of Hamden.
- Madison: A Caregiver Support Group meets the third Tuesday of the month from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Madison Senior Center, located at 29 Bradley Road. This group is supported by the Town of Madison.
- Branford: A Caregiver Support Group meets the second Wednesday of the month from 1:30 to 2:30 p.m. at Artis Senior Living, located at 814 E. Main Street. This group is supported by Artis Senior Living.
- Clinton: A Caregiver Support Group meets the fourth Tuesday of each month from 6:00 to 7:00 p.m. at The Shoreline of Clinton, located at 91 E. Main Street. This group is supported by The Shoreline of Clinton.