Beginning in September, our support groups will be meeting in person. For the month of August, we will continue to meet virtually at the link below.
Virtual Support Group now active
During this time of social distancing, we have launched a virtual caregiver support group. If you are on the journey of caring for an ill or aging loved one and looking for support – particularly during this challenging time of being homebound – join us online Wednesdays at 2 p.m.
You can access our Virtual Support Group at the link below or via phone using the Meeting ID and Password:
Meeting ID: 861 3378 3195
Our team makes a variety of resources available for those confused and struggling to find the best options for a family member or friend with urgent or long term medical needs. Resources include:
- Private consultations to discuss individual concerns
- Support groups in locations from Madison to Hamden staffed by one of our experts
- Our toll free Helpline available Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at 866.474.5230
Caregiver Resource Centers
We have centers located in Guilford, Hamden and Old Saybrook where brochures, books, websites and information on local and state resources are available to those in need.
Our Support Groups
Groups meet monthly in the following locations:
- Guilford: A Parkinson’s Caregiver Support Group meets the second Thursday of the month. Registration not required. Click here to learn more.
- Hamden: A Caregiver Support Group meets the last Tuesday of the month from 10 to 11:30 a.m. at the Miller Senior Center, located at 2901 Dixwell Ave. Beginning in October. Registration is not required. This group is supported by the town of Hamden.
- Madison: A Caregiver Support Group meets the third Tuesday of the month from 11 a.m. to Noon at the Madison Senior Center, located at 29 Bradley Road. Call to register: 203.245.5627. This group is supported by the Town of Madison.
- Branford: A Caregiver Support Group meets the fourth Tuesday of the month from 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. at Artis Senior Living, located at 814 E. Main Street. Call to register: 203.533.7287. This group is supported by Artis Senior Living.
- Clinton: A Caregiver Support Group meets the second Wednesday of each month from 6:00 to 7:00 p.m. at Ocean Meadow Senior Living, located at 91 E. Main Street. Register at 860.669.9300. This group is supported by Ocean Meadow Senior Living.
- Starting in September, our Virtual Support Group will meet on Zoom the first and third Wednesdays of the month from 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. Registration is not required. For more information or for assistance, call 866.474.5230.
Meeting ID: 861 3378 3195Dial by your location +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)