Position: Hospice Nurse (RN), Per Diem/Weekend/On-Call Hours
Position Title: Hospice Nurse (RN), Per Diem/Weekend/On-Call Hours
Program: Hospice Program
Position Type: Per Diem, On-Call, Weekend Coverage
- Completes an initial, comprehensive and ongoing comprehensive assessment of patient and family to determine hospice needs. Provides a complete physical assessment and history of current and previous illnesses.
- Provides professional nursing care by utilizing all elements of nursing processes.
- Assesses and evaluates patient’s status by:
- Developing and implementing an individualized, interdisciplinary patient family plan of care
- Regularly re-evaluating patient and family/caregiver needs
- Initiates the plan of care within 48 hours of admission with input from at least one other member of the hospice interdisciplinary team and makes necessary revisions as patient status and needs change.
- Uses health assessment data to determine nursing diagnosis.
- Develops a care plan that establishes goals, based on nursing diagnosis and incorporates palliative nursing actions. Includes the patient and the family in the planning process.
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures. Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician in the physician’s plan of care.
- Counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related needs.
- Provides health care instructions to the patient as appropriate per assessment and plan.
- Assists the patient with the activities of daily living and facilitates the patient’s efforts toward self-sufficiency and optional comfort care.
- Acts as Case Manager when assigned by the Hospice Program Director/Supervisor of Clinical Services and assumes responsibility to coordinate patient care for assigned caseload.
- Teaches the patient and family/caregiver self-care techniques as appropriate. Provides medication, diet and other instructions as ordered by the physician and recognizes and utilizes opportunities for health counseling with patients and families/caregivers. Works in concert with the interdisciplinary group.
- Additional Duties:
- Attends interdisciplinary group meetings.
- Participates in on-call duties as defined by the on-call policy
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. One (1) to two (2) years of recent acute care experience in an institutional setting, and one (1) to two (2) years of recent experience in home care.
- Current licensure in State and CPR certification.
- Bachelor’s degree, with one (1) year of hospice care experience preferred.
- Management experience not required. Responsible for supervising hospice aides.
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state/or organization requirements and is in good working order.
We are starting a NEW Hospice Program and are seeking compassionate, positive and highly skilled RN’s to join our team! We have opportunities available for per diem, weekend and on-call positions!
VNA Community Healthcare is not Medicare Certified in Hospice. We are currently undergoing the application process to become certified.
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer