VNA Community Healthcare & Hospice is committed to helping our staff and our communities respond to the COVID-19 outbreak in the best and safest way possible.
We know this is a time of uncertainty and stress for our patients and their loved ones, but we want to assure all those in our care that we continue to engage the strictest infection control practices and are practicing social distancing among our staff, as we encourage everyone in our communities to do in the interest of the health and safety of our most vulnerable.
Here are a few important things to note as a patient in our care:
- We are doing a telephone screen of each patient prior to making a home visit. The screening assesses for respiratory symptoms, fever or travel to countries with high prevalence of COVID-19 disease.
- If a patient or close household contact has a fever and respiratory symptoms we will wear full protective equipment and attempt to ascertain risk of COVID-19 exposure. The patient’s doctor will be contacted.
- All of our staff are supplied with protective equipment and re-educated in proper usage.
- We are tracking respiratory illness in our employees and patients.
- We are following all communications from the Dept. of Public Health, CDC and local emergency management office.
All of our Wellness and Exercise Classes have been cancelled beginning Monday, March 16, for two weeks. This includes classes and programs held in our wellness center in Guilford, our program room in Hamden and any classes held in the community.
We will re-evaluate the situation in two weeks. For updates on if classes are re-starting or suspended for a longer amount of time, please continue to visit or website or call our helpline at 866.474.5230. Messages will be updated on that line.
If you are experiencing the following symptoms: fever, coughing, shortness of breath, please contact your primary care physician right away or call the Yale New Haven Health COVID-19 call center at 833-ASK-YNHH (833-275-9644).
We know we are far from seeing the end of this outbreak so we will continue to evaluate and amend our plans and provide updates when available. In the meantime, if you have any questions please feel free to contact our helpline at 866.474.5230.