Hospice is not a place… It is a philosophy
A life-limiting illness becomes a journey. Our Hospice program gives you a chance to determine how your journey will unfold. VNA Community Healthcare & Hospice’s compassionate team will help you manage your symptoms, giving you time to create lasting memories with your family.
Our goal is to join you early on your journey so that we can provide you all the support you need. We partner with you and your caregivers to provide support, education, and guidance as your needs change.
- Nurse on call – 24/7
- Manage pain and others symptoms
- Teach your family/caregivers how to provide personal care
- Assist in locating local resources
- Arrange for medications, medical supplies and equipment
- Provide emotional and spiritual support for you and your family/caregivers
- Complimentary therapies: massage, reiki, reflexology, pet & music therapies
- Bereavement support for your family/ caregivers for up to 13 months after Hospice care has ended
Benefits of Hospice Care at Home
We partner with you and your family/caregivers to:
- Help you stay at home – whether home is your house, assisted living, or skilled nursing facility
- Reduce out of pocket expenses
- Provide support to help you cope with the unknown
- Make sure your goals, living will, and plans are respected and carried out
- Improve your quality of life by helping you conserve your energy to do the things you want to do
It’s more people than you might think. Those living with cardiac or lung diseases, dementia, or other chronic issues may qualify for Hospice care. You are eligible for Hospice Care if your physician agrees that you have a prognosis of six months or less.
Contact us to learn more: 203.458.4200 or email.