VNA Community Healthcare’s Rehabilitation Team brings a personalized “mobile health center” to your home. Our physical therapists, occupational therapists and speech therapists are part of the rehabilitation team that evaluates your needs and create a custom care plan. Together, we’ll help you heal faster and get back to the things you love doing!
Call us for rehabilitation care when you:
- Have fallen or had an injury or joint replacement surgery
- Are experiencing more difficulty with activities of daily living due to chronic illness such as arthritis
- Need to learn exercises to improve your swallowing and speech
Your doctor will give us medical orders and oversee your care. Our therapists update your doctor on your condition and work with him or her to change your treatment plan, as needed.
Working with your physical, occupational and speech therapists, you will create a “plan of care” to meet your personal health needs. Your plan will include regular therapy visits to:
- Teach you exercises to improve range of motion and increase strength, coordination, balance, and endurance
- Train you and your caregivers on how to use assistive devices, such as canes, walkers and “reachers”
- Teach you strategies for modifying activities to help control pain
- Show you methods to move between your bed and a chair or between a chair and walker
Your visiting therapist may also bring other professionals to your home to help you:
- Home health aide to assist you with activities such as bathing, dressing, walking, cooking, and eating.
- Social worker to help you and your family caregivers cope with your illness or find community resources
You have the option of continuing therapeutic activities after you are discharged from home healthcare services by joining one of VNA Community Healthcare’s group exercise classes in the community. Also, by offering the widest range of community educational programs, support groups and written and online resources, VNA Community Healthcare helps you stay well and informed about your health options.