Did you know there is a way to monitor your heart health in your home?
An easy- to- use, wireless telemonitor gives you and our nurses’ daily insight into your cardiac health changes. Call us about telemonitoring services when you:
- have had a recent cardiac event or new diagnosis
- are recovering from heart surgery
- live with congestive heart failure (CHF) or coronary artery disease
- have begun taking a new cardiac medication
Your doctor will give us medical orders and oversee your care. Our cardiac nurses update your doctor on your condition and work with him or her to change your treatment plan, as needed.
Working with your nurse, you will create a “plan of care” to meet your personal health needs. Your plan will include regular nursing services to:
- Provide one-on-one training for you and family on the telemonitoring equipment
- Check, your weight, blood pressure, heart rate, oxygen level and day to day well being through the telemonitor,
- Monitor your vital signs to help prevent a trip to the hospital
Your visiting nurse may also bring in other professionals to help you:
- Physical or occupational therapists to help you improve your ability to function more quickly.
- Social worker to help you cope with illness or find community resources
- Dietician to improve your diet
- Home health aide to help you with activities such as bathing, dressing, walking, cooking, and eating.
We do not charge our patients for this telemonitoring service. We are grateful to generous community support and donations that enable us to keep this service free. Visit our “support us” page to make a donation.