When life takes an unexpected turn, VNA Community Healthcare brings you timely home healthcare services and extensive community care resources. Care that many thought could only be received at the hospital, nursing home or assisted living facility, can now happen effectively – and comfortably – in your own home.
Who can we help?
Adults who need medical services at home to recover from a hospital stay, or a severe medical problem can get home healthcare. Most insurance companies cover home healthcare if certain regulations are met. (Click here to learn more about who pays for home healthcare) At-home services may include:
- Visiting Nurses – A visiting nurse will work with you and your doctor to create a “plan of care” to meet your personal health needs. The nurse will arrange a visit with you in your own home.
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapists – Your rehabilitation team may include all of these professionals or just one type. Services are provided at home and are customized to meet your specific healthcare needs.
- Social Workers – Our social workers can help you and your family with individual counseling, family dynamics, and healthcare system challenges.
- Home Health Aides – Services are provided in-conjunction with clinical visiting nursing or at home physical therapy. Our Home Health Aides can help with personal care, cleaning and meal preparation – to help you recover faster.
Adults living with a mental health condition. Our behavioral health visiting nurses help you stay on track with taking your medications.
Mothers, and mothers-to-be, who need in-home monitoring of a high-risk pregnancy or nursing care at home after a delivery
Children who are recovering from surgery or need nursing care for a chronic condition
Did you know that not all VNAs and home healthcare agencies are the same? We know, it’s confusing, but all Visiting Nurse agencies are different and you and your doctor must ask for us by name: VNA Community Healthcare. For more than a century, we have provided home healthcare services and support in a timely and comprehensive manner. As a nonprofit visiting nurse agency, we adhere to our mission to serve our patients and community with the highest amount of integrity and skill. Learn more about how we are different by visiting the About Us section of our site.
With help from the VNA Community Healthcare team, you will:
- Keep Your Independence. VNA Community Healthcare works with you and your family caregiver(s) to bring a personalized “mobile health center” right to your living room. Using the newest technologies, our expertly trained staff helps you recover quickly and easily at home.
- Get Personal Attention. Get personalized one-on-one care in the privacy of your own home from our team of visiting nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech therapists and more. Our home healthcare staff take the time to teach you all the skills you need to take care of serious and complicated illnesses at home.
- Improve Your Health. With hospital, rehabilitation stays and medical visits getting shorter all of the time, it has been proven that you are less likely to go back to the hospital if you have home healthcare. We are here for you and we want to help you succeed!
Common Situations for Home Healthcare Services
- You need medical support at home after a hospital stay
- You have had a fall
- You are recovering from an injury
- You have been put on a new treatment or medication and need to learn how to manage treatment or medication
- You need help managing severe pain
- You have had some memory loss and are having trouble keeping your medical care organized
- You need an injection, wound care or another medical procedure at home
- Your condition is not stable and your doctor wants a nurse to check on how you are doing
- You need help taking medications for your mental health condition
- You are experiencing a high risk pregnancy
- You have a new baby or sick child and you need instruction and support
Need Help Now?
- Ask your doctor to call VNA Community Healthcare at 203.458.4275 or 866.863.0888 (toll free)
- Or call VNA Community Healthcare yourself – Click to call a registered nurse on our intake line 203.458.4275 or 866.862.0888 (toll free)
- Get organized before you call – click to see our referral form
- See a map of the Towns We Serve