Are you confused and struggling to find the best options for a family member or friend with urgent or long term medical needs? VNA Community Healthcare & Hospice is here to provide you with access to vital tips, tools and support through our Family Caregiver Support Network.
Resources and Support Groups
VNA Community Healthcare & Hospice, experts in chronic disease care, offers a many resources through our Family Caregiver Support Network.
- Private Consultations: Free, one-on-one meeting or a phone call with an experienced counselor from VNA Community Healthcare & Hospice. Discuss your individual concerns and get tips and tools from a local expert. Call 1.866.474.5230.
- Support Groups: In four locations from Madison to Hamden, each meeting is staffed by an eldercare expert from VNA Community Healthcare & Hospice. (Click here for locations and times of group meeting.)
- Buddy Match: Former and experienced family caregivers are matched with those who currently need support, advice and socialization
- Care Affiliates: Adult Day Care (Strong House) and At Home Care (LIFETIME Care At Home)
- Wellness & Social events Calendar
- CT Caregiver Resource Guide (AARP) – Click here to download your copy today!
For information Monday – Friday (8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.) call our toll free VNA Helpline: 1.866.474.5230.
After hours, please call 203.458.4200 or 203.288.1623.
The Family Caregiver School
Many family caregivers are asked to perform medical tasks such as injections, incontinence care and wound care on their own without much help or support. The School teaches practical tips on caring for people with chronic illnesses, such as diabetes, congestive heart failure, and incontinence. Expert staff demonstrates helpful techniques such as helping a disabled person transfer or use assistive devices like canes and walkers.
This program is free and funded by the support of our generous donors!
Watch our video on the Mobility Transfer Issues – learn about common challenges and how to over come them.
To learn more, call our toll free VNA Helpline at 1.866.474.5230 or click here to view our programs for Family Caregivers.