VNA Community Healthcare is Medicare and Medicaid certified and takes most private insurance except for CIGNA. To find out if we accept a specific insurance plan call our Transitional Care Department at 203.458.4275 or toll-free at 866.862.0888.
Most insurance plans provide coverage for home healthcare, including:
- Medicare Part A covers home care IF the patient meets specific eligibility criteria (click here to see a list of these requirements) There is no copay for Medicare home healthcare.
- Medicare Advantage plans have authorization rules and may impose limits on the type of care and number of visits provided.
- Medicaid covers home healthcare but requires prior authorization after initial visits.
- Commercial Insurance plans provide varying amounts of coverage for home healthcare and many have specific deductibles, copays and service limits.
- State entitlement programs such as the Connecticut Home Care Program for Elders pay for certain home healthcare services.
- Private pay by patients and family members can continue home healthcare services once insurance coverage has ended or when there is no coverage
VNA Community Healthcare’s Insurance Coordinators quickly research insurance coverage status when a patient is referred. A member of our staff will inform patients of estimated out-of-pocket costs. We also recommend that patients call their insurance company to confirm the information that we have been given.