Making a referral to VNA Community Healthcare is simple and easy:
- We take referrals 24 hours per day, seven days per week
- You always talk to an Registered Nurse when you call in a referral
- Insurance coordinators can quickly verify insurance coverage
- We let you know right away if we can take the case
Two simple ways to refer now:
- Phone (click to call intake line 203.458.4275 or toll free 866.862.0888)
- Fax this completed form to intake at 203.458.4388
Who should you refer to VNA Community Healthcare?
Patients often struggle with self-care after a serious health event or condition change. VNA Community Healthcare can help. If you have a patient who has had a recent change in condition, a hospitalization or a change in medication or treatment, consider a referral to home healthcare. (Click here for more detail on who to refer to home care.)
Insurance coverage for home health care
Most health insurance plans, including Medicare, cover home health care. (Click here for to find out who pays for home health care) Our insurance coordinators will research and determine the patient’s specific insurance home care coverage. Medicare has very specific eligibility requirements for coverage of home health care. (Click here for vital information about Medicare home health care eligibility requirements.)
Our Service Area
VNA Community Healthcare serves 35 towns in the Greater New Haven and shoreline areas. (Click here for a map of our service area and a list of towns we serve). VNA Community Healthcare is the town Visiting Nurse Association for the towns of Madison, Hamden, North Haven and Woodbridge.