Position: Weekend Staff Nurse, RN – Hamden
Position Title: Weekend Staff Nurse, RN – Hamden
Program: Hamden, CT
Position Type: Part Time - Weekends
- Working primarily on the weekends, oversees the weekend staff activity and patient visits, makes visit assignments as appropriate
- Responsible for responding to calls received via answering service. Collaborates with Triage Nurse in Hamden office regarding referrals and staffing needs
- Performs patient visits as needed. Performs HHA orientations as needed
- Provides complete and accurate documentation of phone interventions and phone visits
- Communicates necessary information, including patient condition and visit schedule, to primary care nurse, other disciplines, and/or supervisor upon completion of visits
- Monitors Telemonitor activity as needed. Provides support and direction to weekend secretary
- Current licensed registered nurse (RN) in the State of Connecticut
- Diploma in Nursing, Associate degree in Nursing or Baccalaureate degree in Nursing
- Two years of inpatient experience
- Medical/surgical homecare experience is highly desirable
- Valid driver’s license, reliable automobile and auto insurance (will be required to show proof)
We are growing and seeking a compassionate, dynamic and highly skilled Staff Nurse to join our team!
This is a part-time position that will work every weekend. The Staff Nurse will work out of our Hamden office and serve the greater New Haven area!
Mail or fax 203.458.4390 resume to:
VNA Community Healthcare
753 Boston Post Road, Suite 200
Guilford, CT. 06437
Or email to: Jobs@vna-commh.org
Visit this website for other employment opportunities EOE/M/F
To ensure that our employees provide the highest quality of care to our patients, we require every applicant to complete the following screening procedures:
- Employment application and on-site interview with prospective supervisor.
- Successfully complete the following pre-employment screening procedures:
o Drug screening (performed at an agency designated location)
o Background and reference checks, including motor vehicle, criminal and employment history.