Position: Speech Language Pathologist
Position Title: Speech Language Pathologist
Program: Clinical Department
Position Type: Per diem
- Administers diagnostic speech and language evaluations, as well as some basic, informal audiological assessment.
- Prepares a report of each patient’s diagnostic evaluation, makes recommendations and maintains appropriate records of visits, including progress of patient.
- Provides direct speech service to patients under a physician’s plan of care.
- Records and reports to the physician the patient’s response to therapy.
- Assists in coordinating speech therapy program through nurse with other services to family.
- Demonstrates therapy for the nurse, family member, or other responsible person who may assist the patient with his/her speech and language rehabilitation.
- Reevaluates the patient’s progress and therapy program making changes as necessary under the physician’s direction.
- Assists in referring patients to speech and audiology clinics and other community agencies.
- Certified as Speech Pathologist by American Speech and Language Association
- Registration in the State of Connecticut as a speech pathologist
- Three years’ work experience in the speech therapy environment
- Valid driver’s license and reliable automobile.
Mail or fax 203.458.4390 resume to:
Director of Human Resources
VNA Community Healthcare
753 Boston Post Road, Suite 200
Guilford, CT. 06437
Or email to: Jobs@vna-commh.org
Visit this website for other employment opportunities EOE/M/F
To ensure that our employees provide the highest quality of care to our patients, we require every applicant to complete the following screening procedures:
- Employment application and on-site interview with prospective supervisor.
- Successfully complete the following pre-employment screening procedures:
o Drug screening (performed at an agency designated location)
o Background and reference checks, including motor vehicle, criminal and employment history.