Position: Psychiatric RN, Per Diem
Position Title: Psychiatric RN, Per Diem
Program: New Haven County
Position Type: Per Diem
- Obtains physician orders for all care rendered and communicates changes to supervisor or physician as appropriate. Provides skilled nursing treatments and medications as ordered by the patient’s physician
- Performs regular evaluation of client’s progress, takes prompt action when any change in the client’s condition is noted or reported, and discharges client from care when goals are attained.
- Develops written plan of care for home health aide services and ensures adequate orientation and supervision of home health aides assigned to patients.
- Provides complete and accurate documentation of nursing care. Ensures the clinical record appropriately reflects client condition. Submits all documentation in time frame outlined by agency policies.
- Communicates necessary information at end of shift to relieving caregiver.
- Maintains clinical knowledge appropriate for provision of services to specific patient population as assigned.
- Maintains knowledge of community resources.
- Performs other duties as requested by Supervisor.
- Current licensed nurse (RN) in the State of Connecticut
- Diploma in Nursing, Associate degree in Nursing, or Baccalaureate degree in Nursing.
- Two years of in-patient psychiatric experience, medical/surgical experience is highly desirable
- Valid driver’s license and automobile.
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer