Position: Clinical Secretary, Part-Time
Position Title: Clinical Secretary, Part-Time
Position Type: Part-Time
- Places and tracks orders for Byram.
- Takes minutes at Staff meetings as needed or appropriate.
- Faxes appropriate documentation as needed or requested by department staff.
- Maintains inventory and restocks medical, psychiatric and therapy forms.
- Assists supervisors with preparation and distribution of schedules, timelogs, insurance authorization forms and other similar documentation as needed or requested.
- Collaborates with billing staff to assist in problem solving for accurate billing processes.
- Provides back-up coverage for receptionist as needed and as coordinated with the Executive Assistant/Office Manager. Answers telephone in polite and courteous manner; directs calls to appropriate individuals.
- Performs other related duties as required by the team or as assigned, to facilitate the efficient function of the Agency.
- Prepares and processes various items of clinical documentation, ensuring completeness and accuracy. Includes reviewing and typing certification and recertification orders for Nursing and Therapy departments.
- Enters new and changed patient data into the computer database so that all patient records are accurate for billing and statistical purposes. Runs reports as needed for departments.
- Ensures that all forms are complete and brings to the attention of the appropriate Supervisor, Nurse or Therapist those forms that are incomplete or inaccurate as instructed. Maintains a schedule of certification and recertification forms with Nurses or Therapists. Submits recertification and/or list to PCN’s or other staff in timely manner.
- Collect, monitor and follow-up submission of therapy documentation which includes but is not limited to: daily activity record, therapy notes, medical certification and recertification orders (485 plan of care) worksheets, OASIS and other reports as required.
- Associate’s Degree in Secretarial Sciences, including one year experience with medical terminology; or equivalent training and 3 years’ experience.
- Strong computer utilization skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Word.
Exciting times at VNA Community Healthcare!
We are growing and seeking a Clinical Secretary to provide part-time support to our growing clinical team in Hamden, CT! This position will work Monday-Friday, 4 hours per day to process and monitor flow of certification forms, prepare charts, process doctor’s orders and scheduling of visits.
VNA Community Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D