Position: Clinical Nursing Manager
Position Title: Clinical Nursing Manager
Position Type: Full-Time
- Responsible for maintaining the quality of clinical services, assessing and meeting community health needs within the assigned area and optimizing the practice of nursing and care delivery to the community.
- Supervises the clinical scheduler and assures referrals are assigned to appropriate staff members. Evaluates appropriateness of clients for home care.
- Supervises home care services and evaluates patient care provided by staff under his/her direction to ensure standards of practice are maintained.
- Supervises department secretary in staff support activities involving documentation and other areas.
- Evaluates directly the clinical competence of nursing personnel.
- Reviews clinical care document to ensure it meets all requirements.
- Facilitates case management and coordination of services; interprets and clarifies policies.
- Participates in development of agency objectives, standards of care and clinical policies and procedures.
- Assesses and adjusts the caseload of each nurse under his/her direction to provide a reasonable distribution of work and opportunity for new experience to foster professional development.
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Registered nurse with active, valid license in State of Connecticut
- A baccalaureate degree in nursing and a minimum of three years of full-time clinical experience in nursing, at least one of which was in a home health agency or community health program which included care of the sick at home OR
- A master’s degree with a minimum of one year of full-time clinical experience in a home health agency or related community health program which included care of the sick at home.
We are growing and seeking an experienced Clinical Nurse Manager to join our team in Hamden, CT. The Clinical Manager is responsible for ensuring appropriate patient care delivery through the oversight of clinical staff, implementing policy/procedure and collaborating with other departments.
VNA Community Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D